Open Daily 11:30am - 10:00pm

About The Brew

Locally owned and operated, the Brew House on the Grand has been a community staple since the early 2000’s.

Priding itself on serving quality pub fare, the Brew House on the Grand is the perfect place to enjoy a meal – it truly is where friends and family meet.

Join us in the warmer months on our outdoor patio, where you are surrounded by the sounds of the grand river.
In the cooler months, join us inside for a warm atmosphere surrounded by friendly faces and warm smiles.

With 18 beers on tab, daily specials – and what some have called the best wings in town – The Brew House on the Grand is not your traditional pub. 

History of the Brewhouse


Building Built

The building was originally built as the home of Thomas Watson, the proprietor of the Webster Tannery, circa 1851.


Building Converted

Dr. Abraham Groves converted the building into a flour mill after the tannery went bankrupt. He later installed two generators and steam boilers, converting the mill into a electrical generating plant in 1890, which provided power to his hospital, the lights along Main Street and a number of businesses in..Read More


Electricity transmitted between 2 towns

As far as is known, Dr. Groves was the first man to transmit electricity between two towns in Ontario when he extended service to Elora in February 1900. Ontario hydro took over service to the town in 1910.


The Chick Hatchery and more

The building has since served as Jack Twedle’s chick hatchery, the Fergus Police Department, the house of Brougham and eventually was divided into several smaller businesses and residential units.


A New Name…

In 2011, the name change to “Brew House on the Grand” was in keeping with past name changes so that it will forever remain “The Brew House”, while celebrating the beautiful location on the river.


New Owners

In 2016, a change in ownership came upon the Brew House on the Grand. While remaining loyal to it’s roots, and it’s community, the Brew House on the Grand is committed to supporting it’s community and continuing to represent the history that comes with the building.